Salesmen
The most pathetic salesman ever came to work today. Usually we get these solicitors trying get us to buy "corporate bottled water solutions" or pushing their laser toner cartridges on us. I always say no, because I don't buy anything from anyone unless they are professional enough to have a building to back them up. The guy that came in today though was selling three items that were absolutely retarded.
(1) A combination flashlight radio for $20
(2) A "tempered glass" cutting board with a religious stained glass window pattern on it
(3) Barbie 2004 Calendars
It's retarded that people are still trying to cash in on the power outages of 2000, using lines like "you'll never know when you'll be out of light". Yes I do know - never.
The cutting board was really fucking stupid. I'm no sales manager, but selling religious cutting boards door to door to BUSINESSES makes as much sense as selling chocolate covered aborted fetuses in Minnesota. YES, IT MAKES NO SENSE.
And finally, we have the Barbie calendars. The guy prefaced this by asking if I had any children or sisters. No, I don't. And if I did, I doubt they would want a calendar that is 5/12 obsolete.
After I made it clear that I didn't want to buy his shit, he walked around the office trying to find other people who would want to buy it. Finally he left. A few minutes later I saw him convening in the courtyard area with other salesmen. They all had their flashlights and Barbie calendars slung over their shoulders and were having a heated discussion that probably included the phrases "can't believe nobody bought..." and "I thought for sure somebody would have wanted..."
Fuckheads
(1) A combination flashlight radio for $20
(2) A "tempered glass" cutting board with a religious stained glass window pattern on it
(3) Barbie 2004 Calendars
It's retarded that people are still trying to cash in on the power outages of 2000, using lines like "you'll never know when you'll be out of light". Yes I do know - never.
The cutting board was really fucking stupid. I'm no sales manager, but selling religious cutting boards door to door to BUSINESSES makes as much sense as selling chocolate covered aborted fetuses in Minnesota. YES, IT MAKES NO SENSE.
And finally, we have the Barbie calendars. The guy prefaced this by asking if I had any children or sisters. No, I don't. And if I did, I doubt they would want a calendar that is 5/12 obsolete.
After I made it clear that I didn't want to buy his shit, he walked around the office trying to find other people who would want to buy it. Finally he left. A few minutes later I saw him convening in the courtyard area with other salesmen. They all had their flashlights and Barbie calendars slung over their shoulders and were having a heated discussion that probably included the phrases "can't believe nobody bought..." and "I thought for sure somebody would have wanted..."
Fuckheads

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home