Sexist Online Driving School
I got a speeding ticket on my way home for Christmas and am taking an online driving school to get out of my $110 ticket. Right before I was pulled over, I was showing my friends how I play Pac-Man with my car by "gobbling up" the hash marks while changing lanes. But that's a whole 'nother story. As I was reading the information that will be on my "test" (which you can take as many times as you want), things started turning from "teaching me how to drive" to "calling me a little fucking child because I like to get places fast". The below quote is verbatim:
When a male's emotional growth is stunted, he will sometimes try to compensate by using his vehicle to prove his masculinity. Filled with doubts about his adequacy, he drives in a manner he assumes a virile, sexy, dangerous male would drive - fast, reckless, and flouting the rules at every turn. That is what many little boys think a real man is like, and that is why male drivers under the age of 25 have the most crashes.
Apparently I wasn't in a rush to end an 8 hour drive and see my hometown friends. I was a little boy imitating a virile, sexy man.
When a male's emotional growth is stunted, he will sometimes try to compensate by using his vehicle to prove his masculinity. Filled with doubts about his adequacy, he drives in a manner he assumes a virile, sexy, dangerous male would drive - fast, reckless, and flouting the rules at every turn. That is what many little boys think a real man is like, and that is why male drivers under the age of 25 have the most crashes.
Apparently I wasn't in a rush to end an 8 hour drive and see my hometown friends. I was a little boy imitating a virile, sexy man.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home