Special Thoughts From A Special Man

My special pink diary that I write all my manly thoughts in.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Worst Answering Machine Messages

Do you remember that commercial in the 80's that sold a wacky cassette tape full of funny outgoing messages for your answering machine? One was a choir singing "Nobody's Home" to the tune of Beethoven's 5th Symnphony, and another was a rap that went "Ya gotta leave your name, ya gotta leave your number and wait..for..the beep!" This must have been the mid or late 80's when answering machines were finally small enough to fit inside a house but still "newfangled" enough to think that a funny message would get someone to slap their knees.

Well, my female counterpart today reminded me of them, and I decided I absolutely had to find them on the Internet. After three hours of searching, I have failed to fulfill my mission... However, I have not come up empty handed... I came across a website that has their own collection of supposedly funny outgoing answering machine messages. I listened to about thirty of them and decided that they needed to be shared with the world. They might be the LEAST humorous thing you can put on your answering machine - and I say we all do it.

Go HERE now - http://www.twpyhr.com/sounds40.shtml

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home